Monday 13 February 2012

Love part three


it was love that made me pull the curtains
love that made me pull the stunts
love that made me sure and certain
hope
the damson catalyst
love that made me want not wanting
love that made me want you back
to back love’s romantic hacking deftness
beaten punch drunk lock me up love
sends a sorry eyed
forgiveness
when the game  is all but done
deceit?
i knew your sister
guilty - partly - saved
love got lost and love got going
love got sloshed and love got gone
all i thought i’d got was weeds
from sowing bad seeds
all days longing song
in spurts of bursting selfish lies
that make me once upon a realise
that love is not a malice monster
love is not a wedding cake
nor is love a form of punishment
for weekly merriment
in the river on the beach
not shallow not deep
not someone I can meet
shake with a dirty hand
and fathom with a weep
not love that is the rainbow
on the dashboard i deserve
desire
aha ahem ha ha
the love that passeth understanding
that i have
well i should know
because of love amongst the chaos
something’s left and something’s stayed
of love's not love that can be touched
and yet i get and yet i get
the feeling still I love you
oh so much so much they say i say so much
so god i love
your hair
your breath
your scream
your sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment