Tuesday 14 February 2012

dandelion


wasted all my love in truth
the dopey days of ignorance
the canticles of youth
longing and burning for this smoke to erupt
so that the red and yellow fire men
would come and put me out
or at least make me sit on the cold grass
while they searched the school for incendiaries
and i searched for worms among the arse warm mud
to give to you to feed the frogs in the science lab
which are less dangerous than rats
you must admit
cos they don't bite your fingers
what with not having any teeth
though the dashing biology teacher says
with a raffish flourish 
that they could give you a nasty suck

like billy joe fuck they gawp – frogs gawp and pharup

wasted all my love on you
tossed it like the rain
underneath a truck

loaded up with 64,000 Chinese rabbit pelts
walked it into the woods
to be strewn to the canal
like a bloody dandelion
flaunting its seed clouds for sticklebacks
to gawp at
before getting jam jarred by a boy
until they smell the house out

wasted all my love on you
give it back you cow
haven't got no-one left to waste my love on
since my baby ran away with a haemophiliac biologist
from Princeton
what am i gonna do with it now.


i've no idea when i wrote this shit. certainmly in the last five years. about 2008.





No comments:

Post a Comment