Saturday 11 February 2012

Tomorrow with a T.


Tomorrow and tomorrow
When we’re cold and naked
The sun will rise and bathe us in glory
As soft and warm as the loose innocence
Of an oysters promise
And all shall be well
And all shall be well
And all manner of things - shall be well

It surely will be like this tomorrow
Tomorrow we shall see
Tomorrow it’ll be alright somehow I know
Because tomorrow we’ll be immersed
Like scarlet lovers in chidden snow
Free as the frost feels
To burst unlagged pipes.

And all the ways in which today’s infractions
Tear themselves atwain
Like the colours of a firework
Running neon darklings
Down my nighttime window pane
Will be erased by the slow rapture of dawn

Tomorrow I can see you
Tomorrow I can breathe
Tomorrow I will dream you in my pent up feelings
Like a blood pumped hologram
Tomorrow I will come again
Like the sun of man

Tomorrow I will touch the wounds
on your lily petal skin
Tomorrow it will rain a deluge
Rain forgiveness tears and honey
Rain love without ceasing
Morning night and noon
I shall see you in the water falling like forever
Though my skin appears impermeable
You soak me to the bone
In your rain
Your coming rain
Your warm wet rain
Tomorrow and tomorrow
And tomorrow and tomorrow again
There will be no end of pleasure
And there will be no end of pain.



2/1/12



No comments:

Post a Comment