Monday 13 February 2012

uncle terry


I am not like other women
With their bareness and their hairpins
With their liplash and their car keys
Eaten junk and partied
Stripped to the vest I live forever
Naked to the horn
Stronger than a man
Gentle as a newborn.
Electricity enables me
To whisper in your ear
While I’m standing on Wigan pier
A skree slope the stage.
I was a raven Beowulf
When it was all the rage
But I am not like other women
I will not paint my soul in beige
I won’t groan for stimulation
On the phone like Britt Ekland
And Michael Caine
I won’t faint at the glimpse of a pulse
Of red hot blood
Shooting from an undraped vein.
I am not in love with your reflection of me
I am not like others want me to be
I am not like other women
With their shaven thighs
And their drawling mewls
And their fallen knockers
And their polyphonous trews.
I am not like other women
Who live in the jail mind anima test tube
Of all those subliminal English gentlemen.
I am not an oven ready hen.



8/02/2012





No comments:

Post a Comment