Friday 17 February 2012

I have to labour, I have to suffer.


I gotta get out of this body
I gotta get out of your mind
Standing on the moon looking upwards
Contempt fills the distance
With Caligula’s ghost
His sister’s the Time-witch
Vacuuming stardust

I am a thief
I am a tramp
I am intrusion
Adrift and aloof

Let’s levitate beyond
the great vain of delusion
and kiss me Kate (in Shakespeare's tongue) 
Kiss goodbye to Descarte's et al

Don’t tame me like the moon once dark
impenetrable - distant
now become the obedient huntress
wrapped in cheese rag, clingfilm
some soldier’s docs, a line of washing
and a blue bri-nylon polythene flag

I don’t know who I am
Neither rich nor poor
Baa baa bad sheep have you any wool
Neither spirit nor person
Yes sir no sir three bags full
I do not spin nor reap nor toil
Said the weaving maiden
Which one of us is whom?

I gotta get out of this body
I gotta get out of your mind

I have to labour
I have to suffer
I have to Love.
To be gentle,
to be modest,
to eat only vegetables,
to-be-cruel
to-be-kind.




No comments:

Post a Comment