Friday 17 February 2012

mirage


Objects objects objects
I can’t tear my attention
and thoughts ideas and veneration
away from objects concepts images
and therefore feel as though I am dying of idolatory
which is the root of all addiction
he said
whilst chuffing deplorably
on a sticky tab end of euphoric recall

Little golden orb-like objects
Heightened and embellished by a delicate sugary sweet
Orange blossom scented feature
Which counterpoints their polished curve

Objectified intimate drifts of forfended interwoven tapestries
With the softness of a downbeat
And the purity of heather
Waft like perfume within touch of my tongue
Yet taste of blood and rust which promotes cathexis
Inflaming the centre of my passionate hunger
For clinging
For enmeshment
For dissolving like a candle at the feet of your flame
(Let me wash them with my oily hair)

Why don’t  i change
Why don’t I change

Doesn’the sky change from mad cat black
To vinegar blue before dawn
From being gunsmoke grilled all smoldering and torn
Like the steaming skin of a freshly smoked kipper?
The pearly pink scar of her luminous colours
Dappling like aivasovsky’s moonlit seascape
Beneath a butter yellow pall of absolution?
Well then!

Whilst the exquisite frisson of my random self selected illusions 
Buried like an inner child
In the sand blown want of your incandescent lips
Throws unknown  thrills beyond the decadent net of human rapaciousness
Life is passing through like an x-ray
Leaving only a shadow behind
Painting miriad bones of illusion
In the hot tarmac shimmer of my evanescent mirage.


12/07/09





No comments:

Post a Comment